POSTED ON 5/17/2017
Briad Management Services, LLC
Title: Claims Administrator
Salary Type: Salaried
Department: Risk Management 2.150
Status: Full time
Reports to: Risk Manager
Travel Required: Infrequent
Direct Reports: None
Indirect Reports: None
The Claims Administrator will manage the administration of claims for Team member and Guest incidents. This will include managing the services of Briad’s Third Party Claims Administrators, managing Briad’s attorney panels, investigation services and any other service providers related to the managing of claims. The position will also provide support to the Risk Manager in the areas of Loss Control and Safety Training
40 hours a week – Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Will be responsible for the managing of casualty claims including but not limited to the following:
1. Review and manage all incident reports for Guest and Team Member incidents from initial report through conclusion/closure of claim
2. Manage claims database and TPA’s claim information, via internal software as well as via various TPA databases.
3. Determine need to report claims to TPA for handling.
4. Manage small Guest Incidents internally to full resolution.
5. Communicate directly with guests and team members in a professional and courteous manner. Explain claim process.
6. Provide direction and management to third party administrators to facilitate resolving all claims quickly and cost effectively.
7. Manage external attorneys on litigated matters.
8. Maintenance of internal claim files.
9. Distribution of weekly and monthly claim/metric reports to Management providing claim statistics and results.
10. Communicate effectively with General Managers, Managers, Directors of Operations, District Managers, etc regarding claims activity and process.
11. Participate actively in various risk management meeting, monthly phone calls with Operations and webinars to restaurants and hotels on risk management topics.
12. Train restaurants and hotel operations on the internal claim reporting process.
Additionally support the Risk Management department in assessing areas to address relative to Safety Training and Loss Control.
1. Create and distribute Safety Newsletter 6 times a year.
2. Develop Monthly safety lesson plans.
3. Develop webinars on claims process as well as safety topics
4. Create/develop quarterly Safety Poster.
5. Review and manage internal safety inspection checklists/process (monthly/quarterly).
6. Assist in safety training and provide input to Risk Manager on safety issues/concerns.
7. Keep safety manual up to date and provide input for improvements.
Assist the Risk Management Department in other areas as business needs require.
Required Skill, Knowledge and Ability:
1. College Degree preferred or greater than 2 years of claims experience
2. At least 2 years’ experience as a claims analyst, administrator or similar function.
3. Ability to investigate and direct claims and the claim management process.
4. Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
5. Customer service experience.
6. Strong analytical skills with ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate information with an attention to detail and accuracy.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Products – specifically Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook.
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Publisher a plus.
9. Knowledge of TPA Claim RMIS systems a plus.
10. Ability to solve problems and think quickly under pressure.
11. Ability to work as a team member with all levels of the organization.
12. Loss Control/Safety experience a plus.
Alicia Cherniak, CPCU
Briad Management Services, LLC
Phone 973-597-6433 ext. 1109